|Hot Springs Story Guide ✍|
Hot Springs Story is a simulation game where you run your own hot spring. Unlike other Kairosoft games, this theme is strongly Japanese. However, it is still completely playable without any knowledge of Japanese culture.
You start the game with a small, functional hot spring. As you play, you unlock more potential guests, structures, investment opportunities, learn new combos, and can expand the size of your hot spring! While you only have one hot spring per game, this allows you to build more stuff to allow a wider range of attractions for more guests.
You can buy many items, scenery, and upgrades for your hot spring, more becoming available as your game progresses and as you unlock and increase the popularity of guests.
Every year at month 5, "Golden Week" starts, which greatly increases the number of customers for that month.
Structures have 3 types, environmental, facilities, and stores. Environmental structures are used to increase the scenery of the surrounding area and use in combos, facilities are the base structures needed to run your hot spring, and stores are your main source of money.
Combos are created when 2 specific structures are within proximity to each other. For a combo to be created, these structure must be within 2 blocks of each other (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally), and likewise effects all facilities in a 2 block range. Combos are similar to, but not the same as, bath effects.
The item award for obtaining first place is only award the first time you win first place in that guide. You obtain the cash reward each time.
|Guide||Point to win||First Place Reward||Notes|
|Local Springs||300||$1000||Popularity Seed x2
Price Seed x2
|Le Nichelin Guide|
|Top 100 Springs|
|Relaxing Springs||6000||$2500||Popularity Seed x1|
Price Seed x1
Relaxation Seed x1
|This is the only way|
to obtain the "Relaxation Seed"
Bugs & Cheats
- [Bug] Despite large bathes being 2x3 in size, scenery effects / bath effects / combos only apply to a 2x2 section (the section with the actual bath).
- [Cheat] Reload cheat - Save before a "special guest" arrives to critique your hot spring, and restart if they didn't like it.
- In the game files there are art assets / structure names for an ATM machine as well as a Sushi Exhibit. However, these are not used in-game.
- Unlike later Kairosoft games, if you exit the game, you are always brought to the main menu when you play it again. As such, remember to save first to be safe.
- Certain structures have a boosted scenery bonus during certain seasons, yet no scenery bonus is applied to any environmental structures during winter.
- Hotel Story, a game made by Happy Labs, is heavily inspired by Hot Springs Story.