|High Sea Saga Guide ✍|
As the game progresses you'll acquire gold you can spend on powerful items and equipments that improve your units performance.
- Items can be used to recover HP in battle or temporarily increase stats. They can also be traded at Sally Prin's for other items, and some are needed for upgrading relics. You will often get items through research.
- Equipments and weapons such as swords, guns, shields, hats, clothes, accessories etc. can be equipped in an equipment slot, as distinguished from items that can only be carried in inventory.
- Power Ups (foods) are used to gain instant exp.
Smithing: Equipments and Weapons can be tempered at blacksmith to increase their stats. Each tempering must consume at least 1 other equipments or items (up to 9 depending on total Blacksmith level). Each piece of equipment also has a max lvl in tempering. If you progress into hard or nightmare mode (through replay) the max level of equipment will be higher. The tempering will affect all copies of the equipments. You can also use smith tickets to upgrade them.
Some of the more sought after items and how to get them:
- Skill tonic: To increase crew's ☆ (up to 5). You get a few from king rewards/defeating pirates/high level dungeons, or you can buy them 3 for 20 medals at special shop, or you can craft them via Sally Prin's store using knowledge books (gained from dismissing high knowledge crews, among others)
- Knowledge books: To increase crew's one of seven knowledge, or all of them at the same time (Ultimate book). Gained from king rewards/defeating pirates/high level dungeons, Special shop's "book set", or dismissing high knowledge crews. Save a few to upgrade some relics too.
- "Rare" items: save them for upgrading relics. Gained from research items, Special shop's "rare item set", or other ways. Don't sell the the extra, use them at Sally Prin's to craft smith tickets.
- Rare Spice: need 20 and 20 (Medal of Conquest 25 and 27)
- Rare Cloth: need 20 (Medal of Conquest 28)
- Rare Essence: need 20 (Medal of Conquest 29)
- Rare Ore: need 20 (Medal of Conquest 30)
- Rare Food: need 20 (Medal of Conquest 31)
- Rare Gem: need 20 (Medal of Conquest 32)
- Rare Medicine: need 15 (Medal of Conquest 33)
- Smith tickets: to upgrade equipments and weapons. Gained from king rewards, crafted at Sally Prin's or left behind by dismissed trader/smith/genius/dealer.
- Drinks/elixirs: Recovery Drink, SP Drink, Aura Tonic, and Speed Tonic can be crafted at Sally Prin using power ups, while high level elixirs could be gained from research items or sacrificing several rare essence/spice/food at Sally Prin (not recommended). Relic upgrades needs 25/30/35 of each kind of drinks. Make sure you save those hard to get SP Elixirs! Egg incubators need 50 Speed Elixir each.
- Egg Color Ups/Downs: to increase/decrease the egg color (to get a desired monster). Gained from many kind of ways, but the easiest way is to craft them at Sally Prin using power ups. Some relics need them to upgrade, but they're not that hard to get.
- Ability Sphere 1 - 49: buy from Special shop
- Name book: to rename crew; buy from Special shop
- Monster flute: to call many monsters to the deck (for example, if you want to finish a campaign for killing certain monsters); get from king rewards, buy from Special Store, or craft at Sally Prin (not recommended)
Some abilties give additional benefits for certain weapons, for example the Golem's ability allows for attacking several enemies at once if using a heavy axe.
Stats for Equipments
- HP - Added Health
- SP - Consumed to use skills
- Attk - Offensive Damage
- Def - Resisting Attack
- Spd - Attack cooldown
- Int - Spell Damage
- Weight - Affected weapon proficiency from Jobs.
Stats listed below are for the Weapon/Equipment at level 1.
|Icon||Name||Remarks||Bought at Sally Prin's for|
|Skill Tonic||Get more stars to equip skills||x18, x16, x15|
|Monster Flute||Temporarily calls many monsters.||x15, x15, x15|
|Recovery Drink||Slightly recover crew HP||x3, x3|
|Recovery Tonic||Recover crew HP||x1, x2|
|Recovery Elixir||Recover more crew HP||x3, x3, x2|
|SP Drink||Slightly recover crew SP||x2, x2|
|SP Tonic||Recover crew SP||x4, x2|
|SP Elixir||Recover more crew SP||x3, x3, x3|
|Aura Tonic||Activate combat team auras||x5|
|Speed Tonic||Combat teams speeds up (temp.)||x5|
|Ultimate Book||Raises all knowledge by 1||x3, x2, x2|
|Melee Book||Raises "Melee" level by 1|
|Ranged Book||Raises "Ranged" level by 1|
|Sailing Book||Raises "Sailing" level by 1|
|Curiosity Book||Raises "Curiosity" level by 1|
|Work Book||Raises "Work" level by 1|
|Brave Book||Raises "Brave" level by 1|
|Secret Book||Raises "Secret" level by 1|
|Name Book||Allows you to rename one character|
|Rare Spice||A rare spice. High Value|
|Rare Cloth||Legendary cloth. High value|
|Rare Essence||Used in perfume. High value||x3|
|Rare Ore||Used in alloys. High value|
|Rare Food||A rare ingredient. High value|
|Rare Gem||A very rare jewel. High value||x3|
|Rare Medicine||Called a panacea. High value||x10, x20, x1|
|Egg Color Up (All)||Boosts all color of an egg||x3 , x2, x1|
|Egg Incubator||Reduce hatching by 60 min.||x50|
|Egg Color Up (G)||Boost green value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Up (R)||Boost red value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Up (B)||Boost blue value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Up (P)||Boost purple value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Up (Y)||Boost yellow value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Up (Bk)||Boost black value by 90||x7|
|Egg Color Down (G)||Reduce green value||x5|
|Egg Color Down (R)||Reduce red value||x5|
|Egg Color Down (B)||Reduce blue value||x5|
|Egg Color Down (P)||Reduce purple value||x5|
|Egg Color Down (Y)||Reduce yellow value||x5|
|Egg Color Down (Bk)||Reduce black value||x5|
|Ability Sphere 1 - 49||Switch: (Job)'s Ability|
See Jobs for details.
|Smith Ticket (Wpn)||At a smith, get weapon lv +1||x18|
|Smith Ticket (Wpn 2)||At a smith, get weapon lv +2||x20, x18|
|Smith Ticket (Wpn 3)||At a smith, get weapon lv +3||x25, x15, x12|
|Smith Ticket (Head)||At a smith, get head lv +1||x12|
|Smith Ticket (Head 2)||At a smith, get head lv +2||x15, x10|
|Smith Ticket (Head 3)||At a smith, get head lv +3||x18, x13, x7|
|Smith Ticket (Arm)||At a smith, get armor lv +1||x16|
|Smith Ticket (Arm 2)||At a smith, get armor lv +2||x20, x3|
|Smith Ticket (Arm 3)||At a smith, get armor lv +3||x25, x5, x3|
|Smith Ticket (Acc)||At a smith, get accessory lv +1||x12|
|Smith Ticket (Acc 2)||At a smith, get accessory lv +2||x16, x4|
|Smith Ticket (Acc 3)||At a smith, get accessory lv +3||x22, x10, x8|
Exp is not exact, as exp gain is random, so the exp listed in the table is the max possible.