|Oh! Edo Towns Guide ✍|
|Release Date||Eng Aug 2012|
Jap Jul 2012
|Last Update||1.0.8 Dec 25, 2012|
|Release Date||Eng Oct 26, 2011|
Jap Sep 13, 2011
|Last Update||1.0.1 Oct 27, 2012|
Oh! Edo Towns is a simulation set in the Edo Period, where you are in charge of a small village, and work your way up to being one of the best towns / cities in all of Japan.
Structures consist of 3 types:
- Environment - these structures either serve function purposed (paths, houses, etc), or provide a boost to the surrounding scenery.
- Shops - Sells goods for a range of gold.
- Facilities - Sells services, or provides a function (castle, park, etc).
Combos are an important factor in placing your structures, as they can greatly boost the yield / price of not only those structures, but those in the surrounding area.
Combos stack, and the same structure can be used to form multiple different combos. There are a total of 47 combos.
Residents are the core of your town's economy, and instrumental in its growth. Residents have 4 attributes:
- Intelligence (Int) - Increase chance of discovering new structures, and speeds up leveling.
- Loyalty (Loy) - Makes residents work hard
- Appeal (Apl) - Increase their likelihood to meet with other residents in parks (important for gaining research points, and increase the stats of your residents).
- Skill (Skl) - Increases likelihood of discovering crafts.
|Frmr (Farmer)||Initially Available||Farmers tend the fields.|
|Art (Artisan)||Art moves in||Artisans make crafts.|
|Mrch (Merchant)||Mrch moves in||Merchants boost economy.|
|Wrr (Warrior)||Lv 4-5 Frmr, Art, & Mrch||Warriors bring high Yld/RP.|
|Vss (Vassal)||Lv 5 Wrr, Frmr, Art, Mrch||Only a chosen few can be vassals.|
Even after conditions for a vehicle has been met, it can take years for a resident to purchase one, with each upgrade often taking longer and longer to purchase.
|Icon||Vehicle||Range||Bought by||Bought from|
|White Horse||+20||Lv 5 Warrior||any Stables|
|Car||∞||Lv 5 Vassal||Stables affected by an Import Combo|
There are many travelers who will chose to visit your town. They will visit stores / meet with residents in parks, and after enough trips, they will finally be satisfied, and reward you. Travelers will still visit after their satisfaction has been maxed.
|Elementary School Trip||100G||Book of Wit||Build Inn|
|Heartbreak Club||120G||Old Love Letter||Build Inn|
|Ogre Vanquishing Tour||150G||Millet Dumplings||800||Build Inn|
|Nation-Wide Tour||250G||Legendary Case||600|
|Govt. Inspection Tour||250G||Legendary Document|
|Ako Clan Samurai||300G||Legendary Sword||600|
|Friendship Alliance||300G||Legendary Document||800|
|Prince's Secret Tour||300G||Legendary Hairpiece||800|
|Pumpkin Products PR||400G||"Starting A Business"||800|
|Gas Survey Tour||500G||"No Gas" Certificate||1000|
|Return to the Moon Tour||Legendary Rocket|
|New Home Search Team||800G||Legendary Beans||1500||Place 3 Zoos on the map|
|Kairobot's Journey||999G||Smartphone||Appears Y 50 M 1 or later; must have every combo on map|
Once your game reaches Y 16 M 4, your current game "ends", and your score is tallied. However, even though your game "ends", you may play as much as you would like, but it won't increase your score. You also unlock the ability to speed up the game (Menu > System > Settings > Speed > Fast).
After your game ends, you can start a new game, with some benefits carried over from your current game. Benefits that are carried over are only from the time your previous game "ended". Carry-overs stack across multiple play-throughs.
|Bugs and cheats listed below can be replicated on a device without the need of cheat tools.|
- If you tap on one of the birds flying around your town, you will follow like you follow a resident when you click them. Due to a bird's flight speed, this can be a nice way to view / show off your town.
- The first time "Kairobot's Journey" visits your town, Kairobot introduces the group, and references other Kairosoft games while doing so: "I just warped in from a space colony (Epic Astro Story) in my time machine. In the future, I want to live in Japan and coach soccer (Pocket League Story), and maybe even eat lots of sushi (The Sushi Spinnery)! But at the moment I just want to find someplace to charge my mobile phone..."