|Grand Prix Story 2 Guide ✍|
The ability to participate in various kinds of races ranged from famous Formula One circuits that you might be familiar with, rough and tough rally races with challenging terrain, and even speeding your vehicle through ice and fire, is a feature of Grand Prix Story 2.
This is the main way to progress further into the game by earning prizes, upgrading your assets, and eventually making your team receive recognition worldwide. The interface can be accessed by pressing the "Race" button on the bottom left, or the "Menu" button on the bottom right, and then "Races".
Races will consume fuel (Depends on racing mode, vehicles, length, etc), and participated vehicle(s) will lose durability during the race.
There are 5 types of races, some of them unlock only by reaching certain ranks or criteria. The cue is getting the first place on all available races, passing licenses, and winning GPs.
- Normal race: Circuits that consist of 6-8 bots, and the first type of races you can access. You can obtain 5 things by participating: Rank points, Prize money, Top Prize (item), and 100%/Participation Prize (item). Prize items only can be claimed once.
- Challenge: Consists of 1 circuit that comes with 2 difficulties, and another circuit with a different set of prize items. The listed 3 races will refresh every 8 hours, and they usually reward you with Research Points, Upgrade Eggs, Ingots or Coins. The challenges will always appear on top of the list if unlocked.
- License: You will pay a participation fee and try to beat the circuit alone in a predetermined time. When you beat the time, you will gain access to greater and more difficult races, as well as a special gift which unlocks new training methods.
- GP (Grand Prix): Consists of multiple races, and may be mixed with different kinds of tracks. The first race starts within 2 minutes, all races after that will take 15 minutes, and the last race starts after 30 minutes. Preparing multiple vehicles for multiple terrains is usually recommended.
- VS (Versus): Works in a similar way to normal races, with the shown opponent joining the race, usually starting at the 1st position. The prizes consist of Prize Money, and Grain for Chicken Coop.
General Race Info Edit
Level (Difficulty) Edit
Each race has its own difficulty, measured by stars. They go from 0 stars to 21.5 stars. The more stars a race have, the more difficult it is. However, the prize money and fans appeal is higher.
Prize Money Edit
The prize listed is given to the driver in 1st place. 2nd place gets 50%, 3rd gets 40%, 4th gets 30%, 5th gets 20%, 6th gets 13.6%, 7th gets 12.7%, 8th gets 11.8%, 9th gets 10.9%, and 10th gets 10%. Even when you forfeit, you will still get prize money for being in the last place.
It only appears in "Versus" mode. It uses the same rate as "Prize Money". The amount of obtainable Grain is based on the player's Silo capacity. (need confirmation)
Road Type Edit
They are defined in the "Vehicles" section, under "Vehicle List > Legend". Player should observe the road track by identifying their texture, rather than relying on all information given. One reason is multiple road type in one track, another reason is the information given could be misleading. For example, a race could write "Icy Road" even though the track is On-road type, due to Snowstorm taking in place. Having a Rally Car bad in On-road track will drastically reduce their performance, such as top speed. Due to the road is covered with asphalt concrete.
Some races might have an extreme temperature, such as too hot or too cold. They will give 20% penalty to your Team's Drv (Drive) stats during the Qualifying Race. Fortunately, some drivers have Special Skills to counter such situations. (see Staff)
Each race listed in the "Races" section could be advanced by using the uncommon "Qualification Certificate" that is given by some random fans. Afterwards, the player can obtain treasures by participating in advanced tracks and tapping any flying drones that are above the track. The treasures give random Eggs, Minerals, or even Seeds.
The image is 100 px - For Reference to Image Placeholder
- Pics need update.
This race gives the player a selection of 6 random players to race with, based on the player's matchmaking rank (Star), and will have at least one player that has a high chance to defeat.
Such races consume a far less amount of fuel, which is intended to encourage the players to use their strongest vehicles and race against stronger opponents frequently rather than having the player fully relying on Normal or Grand Prix Races for rewards.
Sometimes the player will get challenged by special opponents after finishing certain races. Their rewards can be GP medals or bananas.
Grand Prix RacesEditIf you have achieved the requirements to apply for a Grand Prix, you can apply for it in its sub menu under races. Other than the first Grand Prix which you unlock by winning each race once, you unlock the subsequent Grand Prix tournaments by beating the one before it. Unlike normal races, Grand Prix races have 10 drivers. The amounts awarded for each individual race is the same as above.
Points are also calculated after each race, with the final tally determining the winner. If you are using 2 vehicles points will not stack and will rather just take the highest. Point are distributed as follows:
|Name||Level||Prize $||Prize GP||Tracks|
|Formula No. One||4,5||420,000G||200||6|
|HoF Grand Prix||6||720,000G|