|Hot Springs Story Guide ✍|
Structures have 3 types, environmental, facilities, and stores. Environmental structures are used to increase the scenery of the surrounding area and use in combos, facilities are the base structures needed to run your hot spring, and stores are your main source of money.
- Popularity - How much a guest is inclined to visit the structure.
- Price - How much a visit costs.
- Scenery - Increases popularity and price; Environments apply their scenery bonus to all nearby structures.
- Compatibility - Preference of a certain gender, age, or group to visit a structure, or those nearby.
Unlike other structures, environmental structures apply their scenery bonus onto structures. More information on this below.
Environments apply their scenery bonus onto nearby structures in a 2 block radius. However, the scenery bonus is lessened the further away from the structure it is. Scenery bonuses are applied as follows, rounded down ("E" indicates the environment).
Ponds work different than other environmental structures. As well as being 1x2 in size, they don't seem to follow the same rules as above, as the bonus applied to the left/right of the pond is different than that applied above/below of it, as well as not being equal to the listed 26 scenery. The bonuses also applies differently if you place a 1x2 structure with both its tiles in the effect range, as rather than applying just the largest bonus, it applies a slightly increased bonus.
Unlike other environmental structures, you can only unlock 1 per game. However, as you carry over 1 of each structure when you complete the game and start a new one, it is possible to obtain 2 ponds by unlocking it again in the next play-through.
Baths are unique structures, that are also one of key components to your hot spring. Some key features are:
- Only the gender associated with it can go in (except for groups, in which case children may go into the bath of the opposite gender).
- Baths have "Bath Effects", which add boosts to your bath, which are unlocked when certain conditions are met. These conditions can be found here.
- When the game "ends", any bonuses applied to large baths will be carried over. This does stack through multiple play-throughs.
There are 2 additional structures in the game files, which are not obtainable in-game.